Sales & Operation Planning and Demand Planning Manager
Global Sales and Operation Planning and Demand Planning Manager
- Ensure successful global adoption of the new RDT Sales and Operation Planning process
- As needed, document supporting processes necessary for implementation. Work with others to support this and integrate into the Sales and Operation process (e.g., Demand Planning process supporting detail)
- Establish the sales and operations planning organization (hiring, training, onboarding, coaching, etc.)
Responsibilities Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
Drive end-to-end Sales and Operation Planning (S&OP) process
- Be the owner of the RDT S&OP “solution:” Process, People/Roles, Tools
- Define and manage the deployment roadmap and project plans of S&OP rollout into the organization
- Lead adoption and success of the new RDT S&OP process – across all functions, organizations, and geographies (CCs, PCs, RDT Divisional functions). Be the champion and ambassador for the new process: Work with the business to demonstrate the logic behind and value of adopting S&OP. Be a change agent for adoption. Orchestrate the monthly RDT S&OP process – Ensure relevant meetings are scheduled and run in accordance with the new process (Global Demand Review, Local Supply Review, Local S&OP, Executive S&OP)
- Lead the preparation, conduct, and follow up for the Executive S&OP meeting. Paramount to this is to ensure clarity of the issues, proposed actions, and required decisions by the Executive S&OP group to put the planning in phase (balanced)
- Ensure successful global adoption of the Demand Planning in support of the new Global S&OP process
- Document supporting, detailed demand planning processes necessary for implementation
- Establish the S&OP + demand planning organization (hiring, training, onboarding, coaching, etc.)
- Understand the dynamics driving demand and changes in demand.
- Similarly, working with the PCs and Sourcing, understand the dynamics driving supply and supply constraints and associated proposals that require Executive S&OP dialogue. This is important to be able to lead an effective Executive S&OP process
Hold training responsibility for Sales and Operation Planning (S&OP)
- Collaborate with these organizations with training, change management, and implementation
- Drive S&OP education of the organization to ensure a comprehensive and sustainable implementation and increased maturity over time
Measure rollout success
- Establish use of relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and associated reporting for measuring the effectiveness of the Global S&OP process
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives for the S&OP process. Proactively gather input from all functions – particularly the CCs and PCs – to understand needed changes to improve use and impact of the S&OP process. Periodically collaborate with the MRS division – gather learnings from their process and incorporate with in the RDT process as needed.
- In the future – evolve the S&OP process to include financial planning and coordination (known in industry as Integrated Business Planning).
- Design and implement a program to “audit” adoption and compliance with the new process
Manage new demand planning process
- Review/understand/vet the unconstrained forecasts – Working with Marketing to ensure quality (accurate) inputs.
- Help allocate and communicate the demand to the PCs as part of the Supply Review and Local S&OP. In doing so, be the representative of Demand in the Supply Reviews and Local S&OP meetings.
- Ensure the communication of decisions and commitments (supply) to/through the PLMs and CCs.
- Maintain an 18-month rolling forecast, that supports the annual financial plan and budgeting process.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with multiple departments to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used to understand demand forecast drivers resulting in a demand forecast.
- Be aware of business unit promotions, events and market conditions to ensure accurate demand plans.
- Understand the impact of market/customer changes or significant consumption variances in the demand plan and recommend appropriate revision and tactics
- Own Demand to Forecast deviation review and adjustment in identifying risks and opportunities and challenge discrepancies.
- Develop, monitor, and review reports regarding forecast accuracy to business units and supply chain organization.
- Organize and lead Demand Review meetings with RBMs(BLMs) and PLMs
- Facilitate handshake process between SCM and Marketing
Manage demand planning interfaces
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products and end of life phase outs.
- Identify and communicate approved short-term demand changes to supply planning.
- Interface with New Product Introduction (NPI) process to provide demand planning support as well as understand forthcoming changes.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives for the demand planning function.
- Maintain and develop demand planning system based on business requirements
Support APS tool implementation
- Be the single contact for coordinating inputs for supporting tools and systems; ensure business ownership of these systems.
- Master’s degree in Engineering supplemented by specialization degree in supply chain, logistics, operations, or related degree. MBA is preferable
- Leadership and supply chain experience is a prerequisite
- Experience in successfully managing global S&OP processes and organizations
- Experience in transformation and change
- Experience in end-to-end supply chain management involving planning, sourcing, production, distribution, inventory management, and project management
- Strong English communication skill both verbal and written. Additional language will be preferred
- Willingness to travel (globally), occasionally
This position is preferably located in Fagersta.
Application and contact
Write a short letter about yourself and describe why you are applying for this position. In this recruitment process we review applications continuously. Send your application as soon as possible, but no later than 2019-08-18.
For questions about this position please contact recruiting manager Johanna Nilsson, +46 (0) 73 271 24 11 or recruiter Helena Fiedeler +46 (0) 70 591 90 33.
United. Inspired. Performance unites us, Innovation inspires us, and commitment drives us to keep moving forward.
In the 150 countries where you can find Epiroc, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their own development and careers with the support from their leaders.
We are committed to give you every opportunity to succeed in a culture of innovation, diversity and collaboration, combined with a caring atmosphere.
Diversity and sustainability are key to grow fresh and innovative ideas and solutions for our customers. Epiroc is a leading manufacturer for the mining and infrastructure industries. Learn more at www.epirocgroup.com